The Clark School Ambassadors are a group of current undergraduate engineering students with a diverse set of experiences at the University of Maryland. The Clark School Ambassadors participate in an array of outreach and recruitment activities, including local high school events such as science fairs and career days, campus-wide open house programs, and host prospective students on campus.
How can you benefit from being an Ambassador?
- Develop presentation skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Chance to impact/serve as a role model to prospective students
- Ambassadors who complete the minimum requirements will receive a $250 stipend each semester
- The top 3 Ambassadors earn a $1000 stipend for that semester
What is your time commitment as an Ambassador?
The overall expected time commitment will average 20 hours per semester. Specific activities include:
- Engineering information sessions
- Campus recruitment events (e.g.: open house events, Maryland Day, engineering facilities tours, and student shadowing experiences)
- Off-campus outreach events (e.g.: classroom presentations, science/STEM fairs, and community college visits)
- Ambassador training sessions (one per semester)
Ambassador Selection Process
To access the ambassador application for the next academic year, please click here. The deadline is Sunday, April 9th at 11:59pm.
Ambassador Program Contact Information
Clark School Ambassadors Selection Committee
1131 Glenn L. Martin Hall
A. James Clark School of Engineering
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742-3011